SedgeHammer Turf Herbicide 1.33 oz Bottle
|ePest Hero - Expert Rating|
|Pros:||Gentle on turf and moves through the sedge plant to kill even the hidden underground tubers so the sedge doesn't return later! Also kills both yellow and purple sedge grasses.|
|Cons:||Doesn't kill broadleaf weeds, only sedge grasses. Also requires a separate spreader/sticker surfactant to be added for best results.|
|Expert Overview:||Good product. I do prefer Blindside Herbicide for warm season turfgrasses because it controls both sedge grasses and broadleaf weeds with one product. However, if you are looking for a sedge grass only herbicide this is great.|
SedgeHammer is the same product as Manage.
SEDGEHAMMER is a selective herbicide for post-emergence control of sedges such as purple and yellow nutsedge in established lawns, ornamental turfgrass, and landscaped areas. SEDGEHAMMER may be applied to commercial and residential turf and on other non-crop sites.
- Active Ingredient is Halosulfuron-methyl - 75% in the 1.33 oz bottle
- Controls yellow and purple nutsedge and certain tough broadleaf weeds like horsetail.
- Also suppresses green kyllinga.
- Low use rate (1 1/3 oz/Acre or less) or .9 grams per 1000 square feet.
- Controls nutsedge by moving through the plant and affecting the underground growing points (rhizomes and tubers).
- It controls nutsedge after emergence in cool and warm season turfgrass (including St. Augustinegrass, Bermudagrass, Kentucky bluegrass, tall and fine fescue, and perennial ryegrass)
- Considered as one of the more “gentle to turfgrass” products.
- Pets and people can return to the treated area once spray dries.
- It is strongly recommended by the Manufacturer to use a Surfactant with this product. For best results, add a surfactant that is specifically made for horticultural purposes and labeled for use with an herbicide.
How To Use Sedgehammer:
- 1.33oz Container: Using the included spoon, which measures .9 grams, scoop one spoonful and pour into 1 gallon of water.
- Mix the solution thoroughly. The 0.9 grams will cover 1,000 sqft
- Add 2 teaspoons of a nonionic surfactant and shake gently until mixed well. See below for more information on non-ionic surfactants.
- While spraying, periodically swirl or shake the mixture to keep the product evenly distributed in the water.
- Do not store the mixed solution as it will degrade and become ineffective within 24 hours of initiating mix.
- A nonionic surfactant is an additive that aids the penetration of Sedgehammer into the plant tissue. Surfactants are not only used in horticulture but are commonly used in many cleaning products. Their properties enable products to “sheet” or spread across a surface. It is always recommended that a surfactant is used to help SedgeHammer penetrate the waxy layer of the nutsedge leaf. The surfactant also aids in dispersing the water droplets evenly across the leaf tissues and facilitates adsorption into the vascular system of the plant.
Purple Nutsedge, Yellow Nutsedge, Green Kyllinga, Annual Kyllinga, Cocklebur, common Sunflower, common Ragweed, Giant Ragweed, Pigweed, Velvetleaf, Horsetail
Please see product label for a full list of pests.
Always read and follow label directions when using any product.
All orders are shipped the same or next business day. We can only ship to addresses in the USA due to Customs restrictions in other countries.
Free shipping: Standard Free Shipping is UPS Ground or USPS First-Class (5-7 business days).